Happy Birthday Joely
Joely is three today. We can't believe it - she's growing up so fast. Soon she will be going to school...someone pass me the Kleenex.
As promised, I've had a chance to grab some pics off the camera of the momentous day. In Joely's eyes, I'm sure there was no better way to start the day off than to have Mac sleeping on a mattress on the floor next to her. Here, the brand new 3 year old kicks the day off with a snack shared with Mac and mom. [Tan is sporting the ironic Grouch shirt for the festivities, recently picked up at The Patch, our fave second-hand shop at Sauble Beach.]

The morning kicked off with the present-opening ceremonies, where Joely was capably aided by her cousins [you can see here that Aiden is rockin' the Spidey pjs - it was more of a Marvel day than DC - so far I've tried not to bias him with my Marvel leanings (as you may have guessed I'm a comic nerd)].

Lucy was a bit nonplussed about the whole present-opening thing. She liked breakfast though.

Later, after the cousins had left, the Macs came by to help celebrate some more with a feast followed by cake. Here, the birthday girl is presented with the highlight of the evening while Chloe looks on. Lately Joely has had something against the singing of "Happy Birthday", so we honoured her eccentric little request by humming the tune as we brought the cake in, which was hard to do without laughing. Toddlers are such funny, strange little people!!

Who needs to wait for forks and plates? Not Joely and Chloe...

With all the sugar coursing through little-girl veins, things got pretty wild at the party. Everyone stripped down (it was a birthday party, so of course Birthday Suits were proper attire) and hit the pool to wash the chocolate cake off! You can see from the water drop on the camera lens that I was in the "splash" zone...

As usual Lucy had food in her hair, so she was signed up for a hair-wash...

It was a great day. Joely is at such a fun age. The next day, I heard a song on one of her CDs about birthdays. This silly little song had a line that really struck me - it said "You'll never be this age again".
That made me very sad for a moment.
As promised, I've had a chance to grab some pics off the camera of the momentous day. In Joely's eyes, I'm sure there was no better way to start the day off than to have Mac sleeping on a mattress on the floor next to her. Here, the brand new 3 year old kicks the day off with a snack shared with Mac and mom. [Tan is sporting the ironic Grouch shirt for the festivities, recently picked up at The Patch, our fave second-hand shop at Sauble Beach.]

The morning kicked off with the present-opening ceremonies, where Joely was capably aided by her cousins [you can see here that Aiden is rockin' the Spidey pjs - it was more of a Marvel day than DC - so far I've tried not to bias him with my Marvel leanings (as you may have guessed I'm a comic nerd)].

Lucy was a bit nonplussed about the whole present-opening thing. She liked breakfast though.

Later, after the cousins had left, the Macs came by to help celebrate some more with a feast followed by cake. Here, the birthday girl is presented with the highlight of the evening while Chloe looks on. Lately Joely has had something against the singing of "Happy Birthday", so we honoured her eccentric little request by humming the tune as we brought the cake in, which was hard to do without laughing. Toddlers are such funny, strange little people!!

Who needs to wait for forks and plates? Not Joely and Chloe...

With all the sugar coursing through little-girl veins, things got pretty wild at the party. Everyone stripped down (it was a birthday party, so of course Birthday Suits were proper attire) and hit the pool to wash the chocolate cake off! You can see from the water drop on the camera lens that I was in the "splash" zone...

As usual Lucy had food in her hair, so she was signed up for a hair-wash...

It was a great day. Joely is at such a fun age. The next day, I heard a song on one of her CDs about birthdays. This silly little song had a line that really struck me - it said "You'll never be this age again".
That made me very sad for a moment.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home