Happy Birthday Joely!
We had Joely's 5th birthday party today here in Dundas. I can't believe we have this smart, gentle, amazing little girl who is FIVE years old!
We started off the day with the usual party games - Duck, Duck, Goose...Hide & Seek, Simon Says (I totally RULED at Simon Says) - all the classics. I had filled up a bunch of water balloons, not really sure what we'd do with them, and then had the very popular idea to play sitting duck for all of the kids - kinda like a dunk tank. Only problem was either I didn't fill them up enough, or we had the "Glad Tough" balloons - the bloody things wouldn't break without some serious mustard on the throws! Kids were literally swinging them at me like I was a pinata (as you may be able to tell from my comment in the video below):

After the games, we got into the presents:

Lucy got seriously into a hot-dog:


Shortly after the 'dogs, it was time for the Fairy Cake to make an appearance (made by the Amazing Tanya, of course):

The healthy breeze made it a perfect summer day, but caused some significant technical difficulties with the whole "light the candles, blow them out" thing:

And through it all, Joely was her inimitable self....just....sweet:
We started off the day with the usual party games - Duck, Duck, Goose...Hide & Seek, Simon Says (I totally RULED at Simon Says) - all the classics. I had filled up a bunch of water balloons, not really sure what we'd do with them, and then had the very popular idea to play sitting duck for all of the kids - kinda like a dunk tank. Only problem was either I didn't fill them up enough, or we had the "Glad Tough" balloons - the bloody things wouldn't break without some serious mustard on the throws! Kids were literally swinging them at me like I was a pinata (as you may be able to tell from my comment in the video below):
After the games, we got into the presents:
Lucy got seriously into a hot-dog:
Shortly after the 'dogs, it was time for the Fairy Cake to make an appearance (made by the Amazing Tanya, of course):
The healthy breeze made it a perfect summer day, but caused some significant technical difficulties with the whole "light the candles, blow them out" thing:
And through it all, Joely was her inimitable self....just....sweet:


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home