Swimming With Dolphins
Uncle Mike, Auntie Jo, and Mac went to Rockingham, which is about 35 km south of Perth, to swim with wild dolphins. They were a brave bunch, because it's autumn here now, and the last few nights have been quite cool - down to 10 degrees. I know this sounds whiny, but it's pretty cool in a house that has no insulation, lots of windows, and no heating. So it was a shivering threesome that set off at the crack of dawn to go take a dip in the ocean.
Here's Mac with said ocean stretching out behind her:

Before they got on the boat, a couple of locals dropped by to say hello:

If I know Mac, she's no doubt carefully listening to what the guides are saying:

The three Cullips get ready to take the plunge:

Next it was time to jump in and swim with the dolphins; they tell me that you could get quite close to them, although in the following shot you mainly see people - but you get the idea - there's dolphins in there too (you can get a feel for the proximity in the second picture):


Back on Terra firma, Mac climbs on a barkless eucalyptus tree (I still haven't sorted out why they have no bark - lesson to follow when I do!):
Here's Mac with said ocean stretching out behind her:
Before they got on the boat, a couple of locals dropped by to say hello:
If I know Mac, she's no doubt carefully listening to what the guides are saying:
The three Cullips get ready to take the plunge:
Next it was time to jump in and swim with the dolphins; they tell me that you could get quite close to them, although in the following shot you mainly see people - but you get the idea - there's dolphins in there too (you can get a feel for the proximity in the second picture):
Back on Terra firma, Mac climbs on a barkless eucalyptus tree (I still haven't sorted out why they have no bark - lesson to follow when I do!):


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home