Tumblegum Farm
On the last weekend Susie was here, we went out to Tumblegum farm which is a tourist's introduction to life on the typical Aussie farm.
First, we watched the sheep get rounded up by the stockman and his dog:


Then we got to see a sheep shearing demonstration:

After the sheep shearing, I volunteered to try my hand at cracking the whip that the stockman uses to spook the sheep (it also scared the bejeebers out of Lucy). I failed miserably. Couldn't get the thing to crack no matter how I tried. We also got to give milking a cow a go (now there's something you can't do in Canada!). I managed to get some milk, in spite of being of the first generation of Byes to not grow up on a farm.
Afterwards, we went on a chilly hay ride (it's autumn here now, you know!):


First, we watched the sheep get rounded up by the stockman and his dog:
Then we got to see a sheep shearing demonstration:
After the sheep shearing, I volunteered to try my hand at cracking the whip that the stockman uses to spook the sheep (it also scared the bejeebers out of Lucy). I failed miserably. Couldn't get the thing to crack no matter how I tried. We also got to give milking a cow a go (now there's something you can't do in Canada!). I managed to get some milk, in spite of being of the first generation of Byes to not grow up on a farm.
Afterwards, we went on a chilly hay ride (it's autumn here now, you know!):


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home