Bye Blog

A blog about all things Bye.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Play Me A Picture

Joely and I each experienced a first tonight - a live orchestra. It was pretty amazing.

We went to see the WASO joined by an artist for Play Me A Picture, where an artist painted along while the orchestra played well-known pieces including Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries.

Sitting in the darkened theatre with the orchestra in full cry, I found it pretty emotional - I've always been drawn to classical music and have a huge appreciation for it (in spite of having essentially no musical background) and it's taken me 36 years to get to a concert. It won't be that long before I go back, and I'm glad Joely's had a chance to experience it sooner. Watching the artist create on the fly was pretty awe-inspiring too; it was also a brilliant way to keep the kids' attention as we all tried to guess at what he was painting as he progressed.

Here we are, all spiffed up and ready to head out (Joely packed her Hello Kitty purse with the essentials - her favourite blanket and a little stuffed bunny):



Not a day I'll soon forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home