Yet Another Not In Kansas Moment
Today Tan called me at work and told me she would meet me at the ferry jetty on our side of the river with the girls so we could all go out for dinner.
As the ferry pulled into the dock, I thought I saw something surface in the water. I kept watching, and sure enough, it happened again.
There were two dolphins swimming about in the river.
I got off the ferry, Joely came running to see me, and the four of us watched the dolphins for several minutes. We couldn't have been more than 10 metres from where they were swimming. Lucy got more of a chuckle out of the seabird that was attempting to swallow a fish that was about half the size of its body (it eventually got it down). Then we strolled up the dock, and there were several more jellyfish tooling about, so I showed those to Joely. After dinner as we strolled to our car, there were several parrots in a flowering tree right by our car so we stopped and watched those for a bit.
Dolphins. Jellyfish. Parrots. All wild, all in the space of a few hours.
It's pretty insane, really.
As the ferry pulled into the dock, I thought I saw something surface in the water. I kept watching, and sure enough, it happened again.
There were two dolphins swimming about in the river.
I got off the ferry, Joely came running to see me, and the four of us watched the dolphins for several minutes. We couldn't have been more than 10 metres from where they were swimming. Lucy got more of a chuckle out of the seabird that was attempting to swallow a fish that was about half the size of its body (it eventually got it down). Then we strolled up the dock, and there were several more jellyfish tooling about, so I showed those to Joely. After dinner as we strolled to our car, there were several parrots in a flowering tree right by our car so we stopped and watched those for a bit.
Dolphins. Jellyfish. Parrots. All wild, all in the space of a few hours.
It's pretty insane, really.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home