Christmas Day BBQ?
On Christmas day, we obviously didn't have a very full schedule - no family gatherings to go to, etc. Rather than dwell on that, we decided to go to a park near the river, and have a BBQ. Many of the parks here have public BBQs that are free or very cheap (i.e. a buck) to use.
So, we packed up our snags (Aussie for sausages) and other grub, and off we went. Here's a shot of Lucy with the river in the background. You can see the Perth central business district on the North shore in the distance; the building I work in would be to the right of the picture:

Tan and Joely worked up an appetite by breaking in Joely's new cricket set (she's been dying to play cricket since seeing it on TV when we first got here, so we got her some gear from Grammy and Grampy Bye):

Meanwhile, I got the barbie fired up and started cooking up the grub (by "fired up" I mean to say that I pushed a button - it was an electric unit):

Lucy tucking into a spud:

And here I am fending off the vultures from the desert tray (it was a losing cause - I was badly outwitted and outnumbered):

After dinner it was off to the play equipment to burn off some energy before bed. It was a good way to spend the day. As Joely said while we were eating, it was the best picnic in the whole world.
So, we packed up our snags (Aussie for sausages) and other grub, and off we went. Here's a shot of Lucy with the river in the background. You can see the Perth central business district on the North shore in the distance; the building I work in would be to the right of the picture:
Tan and Joely worked up an appetite by breaking in Joely's new cricket set (she's been dying to play cricket since seeing it on TV when we first got here, so we got her some gear from Grammy and Grampy Bye):
Meanwhile, I got the barbie fired up and started cooking up the grub (by "fired up" I mean to say that I pushed a button - it was an electric unit):
Lucy tucking into a spud:
And here I am fending off the vultures from the desert tray (it was a losing cause - I was badly outwitted and outnumbered):
After dinner it was off to the play equipment to burn off some energy before bed. It was a good way to spend the day. As Joely said while we were eating, it was the best picnic in the whole world.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home