People Movin'
I forgot to post earlier, that a few weeks ago we bought a van - at least what we would call a van in Canada - here it is more likely to be called a "people mover"!
They're not nearly as common here as in North America - I'm not really sure why. Maybe because they won't fit in the garages of older homes unless you park at a crazy angle, as is our current situation? [to get some perspective, the line on the floor of the following picture is the centre line of a two car garage!]

And here's one for all you sharp-eyed North Americans...can you spot what's wrong in this picture? [hint - it's not the three year old driving!]

Also, some of you may know that I left my beloved motorcycle behind...it's currently in storage, as a hedge when we come back to Canada. However, in the meantime I've managed to convince myself that in Australia, motorcycles are in fact a valid year-round means of transportation, rather than a frivolous luxury item. One could even argue that here motorcycles are a need as opposed to a want.
Whatever.
Anyway, I bought another bike. A Honda VFR, just like my other one, except this one is newer, blue instead of red, and it has a bitchin' loud aftermarket pipe on it. This will be my means of commuting into work everyday. See? Practical as all get out.

They're not nearly as common here as in North America - I'm not really sure why. Maybe because they won't fit in the garages of older homes unless you park at a crazy angle, as is our current situation? [to get some perspective, the line on the floor of the following picture is the centre line of a two car garage!]
And here's one for all you sharp-eyed North Americans...can you spot what's wrong in this picture? [hint - it's not the three year old driving!]
Also, some of you may know that I left my beloved motorcycle behind...it's currently in storage, as a hedge when we come back to Canada. However, in the meantime I've managed to convince myself that in Australia, motorcycles are in fact a valid year-round means of transportation, rather than a frivolous luxury item. One could even argue that here motorcycles are a need as opposed to a want.
Whatever.
Anyway, I bought another bike. A Honda VFR, just like my other one, except this one is newer, blue instead of red, and it has a bitchin' loud aftermarket pipe on it. This will be my means of commuting into work everyday. See? Practical as all get out.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home